Planning a wedding is an exciting, stressful, and incredible task all rolled up into one! By now, you have been asked the BEST question of your life-WILL YOU MARRY ME?! You have said 'YES' and you are now getting ready to start planning the greatest celebration of your life!!! Below you will find a couple of helpful wedding tips to ease some (not all) of your wedding planning stress.
1. Hire a Professional Wedding Planner-Wedding Planners are accustomed to the hustle and bustle of planning weddings. They are familiar with budgets, timelines, vendors, negotiations, contracts, and most importantly..the details. Hiring a Wedding Planner is an investment! A Wedding Planner is a part of your budget, not an added-on expense. Wedding Planners work WITH the clients. They do NOT take over. They take your vision and make it a reality. You may be thinking, 'my mom (or sister or BFF) will be my wedding planner..for free, why pay someone?' Wedding Planners are professionals who are experienced in the field of weddings. Your BFF will work off of emotion, your Wedding Planner will work off of business. You have to take in to consideration that your BFF or sister or mother will not get the chance to 'enjoy' your wedding or celebrate with you because they will be working. If your BFF decides not to make your floral arrangements like she promised, will it ruin your friendship? Will you have a back-up plan? Will you stress about that on your special day instead of enjoying it? Hire a Professional Wedding Planner!
2. Read & Understand your CONTRACTS-Make sure that your vendors have thoroughly explained their contract to you BEFORE you sign it. Understand what is listed in the Description of Services portion. Is everything included that you discussed or desire? Are there any additional fees that were not discussed prior to signing? Do you know when payments should be made? Do they accept cash, checks, credit cards? What are the penalties for late payments? What are your responsibilities to the vendor? What happens if the wedding is cancelled? Do you get a refund? Are you allowed to terminate the agreement? Make sure your contract states the vendor's specific duties or services. Remember, all responsible parties sign the contract(s).
3. Hire a Great Photographer-This is a special moment and you want it captured just right! Hire a reputable photographer. Great pictures tell great stories!
4. Set a Budget-and stick with it! How much can you all afford to spend to pay for your wedding day? Decide what your must-haves are (tons of fresh flowers, limo service for wedding party, super spectacular cake), decide how much you want to spend per category, and then starting scouting. Keep records of vendors spoken with, estimates, and availability. This is a very important day in your life but you also have to live AFTER the wedding!
5. Have Fun & Thank those who helped you!